CNA/Sitter Job Opening
Alaska Regional Hospital• Anchorage, Alaska
Category: Nurse Assistant
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 700 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Certified Nursing Assistant - Patient Sitter
Type of Employment: Full Time
Work Schedule: Nights (with rotating weekends off)
The Certified Nursing Assistant works under the supervision of a nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients, and assists with other personal hygiene needs
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions, and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program.
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Working knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
- 6 months experience in acute care setting (preferred)