Branch Director Job Opening
Alacare Home Health & Hospice• Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Category: Director of Nursing
A career at Alacare allows you to truly make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. As a member of the Alacare team, your skills are fully engaged in delivering compassionate care. Regardless if you are in the field or behind the scenes, each day is filled with meaningfulness and satisfaction. Career opportunities can be found in almost every county in the State of Alabama at each of our 24 locations. Our team of dedicated professionals are focused on providing outstanding care and strive for high patient satisfaction. If you are ready to take your career to a new level, consider Alacare and apply today.
Oversees clinical and clerical branch services assuring on-going adherence to established regulatory standards, Agency policies, procedures, and established budget guidelines to achieve optimal patient care outcomes within approved parameters of human, fiscal and physical resource allocations. Provides services in a manner consistent with Agency mission and philosophy.
Education Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (Diploma or Associate Degree
Education Desired: Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Health Administration
Experience Required: Five (5) years’ experience of general nursing, Three (3) years’ of home
health nursing to include one (1) year of homecare nursing management.
Experience Desired: Two (2) or more years of home health management experience.
Licenses and Registrations:
- Current Alabama Registered Nurse License.
- Current Alabama Driver’s License.
- Current automobile liability insurance.
- Must be able to perform full-range sedentary work requiring sitting, walking and standing.
- Must be able to perform limited to full range heavy work requiring sitting, standing, walking and
- Must possess vision, hearing and physical dexterity necessary to maintain a driver’s license
- and operate an automobile.
- Must be able to turn, lift, carry and otherwise transport patients.
- Must possess vision, hearing, feeling and physical strength and dexterity necessary to perform all the duties of the Branch Director.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to give and receive instructions and information, both in person and via telephone. Work requires exerting force of up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly in moving objects or materials.