Medical Receptionist Job Opening
Advanced Eyecare• Boaz, Alabama
Highly Reputable Optometric Practice seeking a customer service professional to handle incoming and outgoing phone calls. Must be pleasant, professional, dependable and punctual. Computer and communication skills are a must! Will schedule and confirm appointments, give quotes for services, help greet our patients at check in and collect fees and bill insurance at check out. We are a team oriented practice and very selective in our hiring process. What we provide highly competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
The key functional responsibility of the Front Desk Coordinator is to manage the first impression of the practice for all patients and guests. As the Front Desk Coordinator is the usually the first interaction a patient or guest has with the practice, displaying the brand value and reputation is of highest importance.
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for welcoming all new and existing patients and guests to the practice. This may occur via front desk reception, telephone, email, etc. The Front Desk Coordinator ensures efficient patient flow within the practice and maintains a full appointment schedule.
The Front Desk Coordinator will check-in and check-out patients and be responsible for collection of patient fees at time of service.
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the reception area in a way that is consistent with the practice’s brand.
- Greeting all patients and guests to the practice
- Answering the telephone
- Scheduling appointments and maintaining a full appointment schedule
- Keeping the Optometrist on schedule and maintaining efficient patient flow
- Appointment confirmation and recall reminders
- Receiving all incoming mail
- Reports to management/leadership on the status of appointment schedule
- Reports to management/leadership any patient challenges or complaints, likewise maintains and documents all patient testimonials
*Frequent Interaction with Others
*Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple interruptions on a continual basis, always maintaining friendly interactions with team members, patients and guests of the practice.
*The Front Desk Coordinator should be patient focused and displays a desire work within the practice’s brand values to deliver exceptional customer service.
*Exhibits the ability to work well within the team environment, supporting all members of the team in delivering on the patient experience.
*As the first point of contact, the Front Desk Coordinator must consistently display behaviors that champion the brand value proposition of the practice.
*Must have the ability to maintain a high level of detail orientation despite frequent interruptions. Accuracy and diligence with regard to patient records, scheduling and file maintenance is required.
*Pace of the Environment
*Must be able to work at a fast pace. Effectively handling multiple tasks at one time, focusing on patient flow and experience.
Compensation package includes competitive hourly pay, monthly bonus incentive, paid sick, vacation, personal days, and disability insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of medical office experience do you have?
- How many years of Receptionist experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Job Type: Full-time
- medical office: 1 year (Required)
- Boaz, AL 35957 (Preferred)