Director of Rehabilitation [PT/OTR/SLP/PTA/COTA] Job Opening
Director of Rehabilitation [PT/OTR/SLP/PTA/COTA]
Reliant Rehabilitation• Ponca City, Oklahoma
The Director of Rehabilitation (DOR) is responsible for managing and supervising the rehabilitation department to meet resident needs, the company’s fiscal requirements, and federal and state regulations. The DOR will achieve specific patient care, employee relations, customer service, and financial objectives through strong leadership and effective management of staff, customers, and referral sources. Maintains professional conduct, including positive levels of interaction and rapport with facilities and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign patient scheduling and other responsibilities to staff as needed.
- Supervise, orient, train, evaluate, and counsel department employees to improve their job performance and to maintain high standards of performance and patient quality care, in conjunction with the Regional Director of Operations and Human Resources.
- May assist with the interview process for hiring department employees.
- Ensure that therapists and therapy assistants are compliant with documentation.
- Communicate effectively with administration regarding department programs, goals, objectives, risks, and successes.
- Responsible for revenue and expense controls to meet budgetary requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of MDS information.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing of services provided and completion of required documentation and maintain quality of services.
- Be compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a facility.
- Maintain confidentiality of Reliant Rehabilitation, facility, and patient information.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, training, and assignments as delegated.
- Must comply with the position description for the discipline of current license.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend in English: instructions, correspondence, memos, and reports.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, productive work environment
- Must possess a degree in therapy from an accredited school; or
- If a Rehab Tech, High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, and
- Two (2) years of experience as a Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Speech-Language Pathologist Therapist, or Rehab Tech
- Computer literate and proficient in clinical documentation
- Basic Internet navigation skills
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must hold a current and active license as one of the following: Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, or Speech-Language Pathologist; if the person is a therapist.
- Supervises the work of others in the facility to include, but not limited to: training, scheduling, coaching, resolving issues, maintaining personnel records, and assisting with discipline.
- complete job description available upon request