Hyperbaric Technician (HBOT) – Full -Time Job Opening
Hyperbaric Technician (HBOT) – Full -Time
Healogics, Inc• Sparks, Nevada
Healogics is hiring for a Hyperbaric Technologist/ HBOT to join our Wound Care Center team at Northern Nevada Medical Center in Sparks, NV
Reporting to the Program Director, the Hyperbaric Technician administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Provider. This position is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems, as well as for the safe delivery of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to the hyperbaric patient.
All Healogics employees should perform their job responsibilities according to Healogics clinical and employee policies and hospital policies, as well as to accrediting organizations, federal and state regulation, and to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, as applicable.
Hyperbaric Technologist/ HBOT Responsibilities:
- Prepares, educates and orients patients about the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. This includes lifting or transferring patients per local policy, getting them ready for treatment administration and answering their questions.
- Administers the hyperbaric oxygen therapy as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Provider to the patient. This includes monitoring and controlling the performance of the hyperbaric chamber equipment, as well as monitoring the patient(s)’responses during the session and making proper adjustments to ensure the patient’s safety and the safe and effective use of the equipment.
- Makes appropriate data entries for daily hyperbaric treatments and wound care clinic visits and keeps complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to treatment documentation, to include photo uploading.
- Operates and maintains the hyperbaric chamber and other hyperbaric support oxygen systems as required.
- Participates in the safety program activities such as assisting with safety drills.
- Performs other duties as required.
Hyperbaric Technologist/ HBOT Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development)
- Current healthcare professional certification or license as applicable in state of practice -to maintain throughout the duration of employment in this role. This applies to:
- Respiratory Therapist
- Military: Corpsman or Medical Services Specialist
- Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Certified Hyperbaric Specialist
- Certified Hyperbaric Registered Nurse
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Certified Hyperbaric Technologist
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Hyperbaric Wound Specialist
- Physical Therapist or Physical Therapy Assistant
- Or completion of Hyperbaric Training from US Department of Defense (DOD):
- e.g. US Navy, Army or Coast Guard Diver (1st Class, 2nd Class or Master designation)
- or US Air Force Aerospace Physiology Specialist
- For Ohio, current Ohio license either as Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Respiratory Therapist or Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) as approved by National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT)
- Pre or post hire completion of Introductory Hyperbaric Training Course, as approved by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology, Department of Defense, American College of Hyperbaric Medicine or Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in healthcare preferred
- Prior experience in wound or critical care preferred
Healogics is the nation’s largest healthcare provider for wound care services and offers our consulting services to nearly 800 hospitals throughout the United States. If you would like to join a specialized team dedicated to wound healing and committed to sharing our expertise, apply today.