Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) - Home Health Job Opening
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) - Home Health
Encompass Health• Eufaula, Alabama
Division: Home Health
Patient Coverage Area: Barbour, Russell and Bullock
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass health - Home Health & Hospice is looking for a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) to provide professional, comprehensive, family-oriented services to individuals in the home setting.
- Assess patients' and families' psychosocial, environmental, and financial needs.
- Formulate, implement, and evaluates a plan of care in collaboration with patient, family, and other caregivers, and provides case management as appropriate.
- Assist the team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the patients’ health problems.
- Maintain documentation in patient’s record per internal regulatory and professional standards.
- Monitor, observe, and evaluate changes and progress in patient’s condition and environment. Report changes, progress, or lack of progress to physician and/or nurse case manager.
- Acts as key source in patient situations such as: ineffective patient/family coping and decision making advance directives long term or assisted living placement substance abuse abuse/neglect and/or bereavement.
- Must be a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) in the state of employment. Must have a Master’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Must possess one year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Medicare home health or hospice experience is preferred.
- Must be capable of making independent decisions relevant to client’s needs.
- Must be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks of critical importance simultaneously.