Renal Social Worker Job Opening
Renal Social Worker
Dialyze Direct• Linthicum Heights, Maryland
The Social Worker provides patient support and education before and during dialysis. This positon advocates for patients with appropriate local, state and federal resources and social agencies; attends quality improvement and patient care plan meetings and maintains case documentation.
- Advocates for patients with appropriate local, state and federal resources and social agencies;
- Attends quality improvement and patient care plan meetings, maintain case documentation;
- Counsels and educates patients and families relative to identified psychosocial issues or problems;
- Completes depression screenings annually;
- Completes annual KDQOL survey;
- Assesses patient satisfaction and responds to grievances in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Coordinates development and maintenance of patient/family support groups.
- Maintains clinical staff competencies;
- Ensures all required regulatory training attained annual; and
- Performs similar or related duties as requested or directed.
- At least 12 months social work experience with dialysis patients preferred
- Assess patient status and take appropriate action;
- Able to function at a high level with little operational oversight;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; able to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with diverse backgrounds and different organizational levels; and
- Able to define problems and present solutions.
- Current Social Work license in accordance with State regulations; and
- Current driver's license.
- Able to sit and work at computer for extended periods of time;
- Walk, sit, lift no more than 50 pounds;and
- Must be willing to travel to network facilities and sites as needed.