Director of Nursing DON Job Opening
Director of Nursing DON
Medicalodges• Holton, Kansas
Category: Director of Nursing
Medicalodges Jackson County is looking for a Director of Nursing who is responsible for the recruitment, retention, and training of all nursing staff to ensure legal procedures, nursing laws, and Medicalodges standards are met and quality care is provided to residents. If you have a passion for providing seniors with outstanding care we want to talk with you today. Medicalodges is a 100% employee-owned family of over 30 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities committed to providing the highest quality of care to our residents.
- Making administrative/nursing decisions based on current nursing standards, medical knowledge, and sound judgment regarding the care and treatment of residents and nursing staff.
- Reviewing all risk management reports and assuring investigation and follow-up is completed.
- Assist in selection and hiring, evaluation, disciplinary action, and training of nursing personnel.
- Monitoring nursing care and services provided on all shifts on a routine basis to ensure quality care is provided to all residents. Providing routine report to Administrator regarding nursing services.
- Overseeing the resident assessment process for all residents including completing assessments and development of resident plan of care to ensure care is provided per Medicalodges, Inc policies and procedures and state and federal requirements.
- Assigning and approving work schedules and monitoring and coordinating nursing activities of all shifts.
- Consulting with Admissions or Administrator on admission, room assignments, and discharge of residents.
- Consulting with Administrator in development of nursing budgets, clinical needs and purchases. Overseeing the ordering of nursing equipment and supplies as needed.
- Preparing all relevant reports to present at QAPI meeting. Development, implementation and documentation of clinical performance improvement plans.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in good standing in the state in which the facility is located
- Current CPR certification or willingness to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Minimum four years experience in the health care field
- Preferred one year supervisory or management role in health care field.
- Ability to prioritize and make sound nursing decisions within scope of practice
- Possess leadership skills
- Interest in working with geriatric patients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills