Certified Nurse Aide Job Opening
Certified Nurse Aide
Addus Homecare• Wetumpka, Alabama
Category: Nurse Assistant
Position Summary: This position will provide basic care to clients, as well as assist them in daily activities/tasks outlined in a written care plan that is established by the Administrator or CSS and is kept in the client's home.
- Record pertinent information pertaining to the client's care.
- Remind clients to take medication at the appropriate time.
- Plan and prepare meals according to specific dietary requirements of the client, and if necessary, feeding the client.
- Assist the client with therapy exercises under the direction of a Registered Therapist.
- Assist or perform personal care including hair care, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming, and dressing.
- Assist with ambulation with or without mechanical aids.
- Assist with routine bodily functions such as assisting clients with toileting.
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, providing and emptying bed pans and laundry.
- Provide companionship and stimulation for the client including reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments.
- Take client's vital signs and recording input and output.
- Observe and report changes in client's condition to the Agency Director or Service Coordinator.
- Accurately prepare daily records and submitting them to the office by date due .
- Participates in in-service education programs.
- Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden.
- Examine patient for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds.
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant training
- At least two years of home care experience is required
- Satisfactory background check and valid driver's license
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to compassionately care for others
- Reliable, energetic, self-motivated and well-organized