Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Office Job Opening
Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Office
Bama Pediatrics• Northport, Alabama
Bama Pediatrics needs an experienced Medical Receptionist who can take over the administrative duties involved with coordinating patient and physician schedules. We’re looking for a professional who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers in a file, and who understands the value of compassionate service. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking.
- Answer multi-line phones and either direct the caller to the appropriate party or handle the caller’s needs yourself.
- Greet patients upon arrival, sign them in and obtain insurance information and any other necessary data.
- Provide patients with intake and new patient forms as well as Developmental Screening.
- Process payments from patients for co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and uninsured visits.
- Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients.
- Provide patients with support and guidance as needed
- Maintain medical records.
- Referring patients to specialist.
- Anything that may be needed to make to office run efficiently.
Medical Receptionist Experience
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
- 1+ years’ experience in a medical office.
- Success EHS experience is a plus.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- working in a Medical Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Records: 1 year (Preferred)