Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - PRN Night Job Opening
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - PRN Night
Cornerstone Healthcare Group• Little Rock, Arkansas
$12.80 - $17.00 an hour
Category: Nurse Assistant
Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading long term acute care hospital group (LTAC) committed to improving the health and well-being of patients by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone, with its recent merger of Solara Healthcare, is headquartered in Dallas and owns 18 hospitals in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, West Virginia and Oklahoma.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Certified Nurse Assistant/Patient Care Technician provides direct and indirect basic health care to patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric. Assists as needed with environmental and informational services; and communicates effectively to ensure positive outcomes for patients. They are responsible for performing certain procedures according to hospital policy and procedures. Promotes the mission and values of the hospital. Demonstrates the ability to maintain an understanding attitude and responsible concern toward patients which is evidenced in speech and actions, and shows interest/ability to acquire knowledge of and develop skills in basic nursing procedures.
- Ability to project a professional image
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions (Order entry, data input)
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- CNA/PCT certificate for state of employment preferred or completion of one semester of Nursing school clinical including the Patient/Clinical Assessment course and hospital and /or nursing home experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current state certificate to practice as a CNA/PCT
- Or proof of enrollment in an accredited nursing program with successful completion of Patient/Clinical Assessment course
- Must maintain current provider CPR certification throughout employment