Certified Nurse Practitioner Job Opening
Certified Nurse Practitioner
Jahana Hill MD• Tuscaloosa, Alabama
We are looking for a skilled Nurse Practitioner for an internal medicine/family practice. The NP will have at least 3-5 plus years of experience with internal medicine/family practice and the ability to work independently. This is an ideal position for someone who is independent, efficient, productive, and desires to be self-motivated with the benefit of provider support.
Responsibilities and Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assess the health of patients to determine their physical, emotional and social status by taking a complete medical history, doing a physical examination, initiating screening and diagnostic procedures etc; evaluate results of clinical findings and laboratory tests; report any abnormalities to a physician.
- Identify and manage in collaboration with a physician, common illnesses and/or other health problems and refer these problems or illnesses that require immediate medical attention to the appropriate practicing physician; assume on-going responsibility for follow-ups.
- Monitors patient progress prn; maintaining patient records; consulting with other members of the care team when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria; arranging consultations; referring to specialists.
- Educates patients, families and caretakers by developing programs in techniques and procedures which are unique to the at-home setting.
- Improves patient care quality results by establishing Plan of Care; implementing changes.
- Adhere to professional standards, company policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local requirements.
Excellent clinical skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Effective organizational/time management skills
Must have graduated from an accredited institution as a NP
Three to five years’ experience as a NP in a busy Family Practice or specialty site (Preferred)
Experience with an EMR (Preferred)
Job Type: *Full-time
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
License: Current AL license
Specialty: Internal Medicine/Family Practice
Only apply if you have 3- 5 years of family or internal medicine experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- family medicine: 5 years (Required)
- CRNP (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
Overtime often available:
- Nurses wear own scrubs
Relocation Assistance Provided: