Dental Assistant Job Opening
Timberlane Dental Group• Shelburne, Vermont
Our fast-growing, multi-specialty practice is looking for Dental Assistants! Timberlane Dental Group is different from other dental offices in Vermont. We have a multi-specialty dental practice where we truly offer advanced, comprehensive dental care for all members of our community. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits including medical, vision, disability, life insurance plans, a generous retirement plan, HRA, Flex Spending Account, staff discount for dental treatment, wellness programs, and much more!
Function: The primary function of the dental assistant is to provide support to the dentist in his/her treatment of patients to ensure efficient and compassionate delivery of dental care. The dental assistant is responsible for developing rapport with the patient, and putting the patient at ease. The assistant is responsible for set up and preparation for procedures, chart entries, charge entries and dismissal of the patient. He/She serves as the second set of hands during dental procedures, instrument passing and providing suction, air, water as necessary. He/She prepares models, builds temporaries and completes other lab work as required.
Experience, Special Skills: Knowledge of patient screening, charting, and medical history procedures and documentation; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel; ability to perform a full range of established dental protocols and procedures; knowledge and understanding of dental procedures, terminology, and techniques; ability to set up and prepare dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established regulations and guidelines. ability to take x-ray as necessary. Ability to establish patient rapport; possess effective time management skills, demonstrated service skills; possess demonstrated proficiency with fine motor dexterity. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Sets up and prepare for procedures, laying out appropriate materials; taking x-rays as needed; reviews and completes patient charts; enters charges on the QSI system.
- Assesses dental condition and needs of patient; uses patient screening procedures, to include medical history review, dental charting, and charge entries.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned either with the dentist or at the direction of the dentist, using established dental procedures; performs routine treatment procedures, including x-rays, taking impressions, pouring models, and related procedures.
- Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensures follow up on results.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Greets and seats patient, establishing rapport and putting the patient at ease. Dismisses patient following treatment.
- Provides exceptional customer service for external and internal customers including our patients and families, business associates, TDG staff, etc. Demonstrates integrity, compassion, and respect when working with patients, families and staff members.
- Upholds Timberlane Dental Group’s values and standards of conduct;
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of patients, families, staff and Timberlane Dental proprietary business and financial information.
- Meets Timberlane Dental Group’s expectations as outlined in the Employee Handbook including timely arrival to the office and meeting appropriate attendance expectations.
- Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for her/his position and work environment.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Assistant must register with the Office of Professional Regulations within 30 days of hire; current CPR Certification; obtain X-ray certification after 6 months of employment; High school diploma.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Work is performed in an interior medical/clinical environment. Moderate physical activity including: Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds; Standing and/or walking between appointments, to lab work, to x-ray room, to front desk, etc. Periods of sitting on a stool for varying lengths of time, some prolonged periods; Reaching in front, both arms; ability to hold suction in place when necessary; Fine motor dexterity required to handle and pass sharp instruments, complete lab work and enter computer information. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety (OSHA) precautions. Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.
Salary is based on experience and qualifications. Timberlane Dental Group offers several benefits, including health, dental, vision, pension plan, disability and life insurance coverage, gym membership discount and more.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time