Patient Care Coordinator/Receptionist Job Opening
Patient Care Coordinator/Receptionist
Auburn Opelika Dental• Lafayette, Alabama
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Sitting 80%
- Standing/walking 20%
- Moderate noise levels from dental and other Lab equipment.
- Medical, office, and lab setting.
- Minimum lifting requirements of 35 pounds in order to accept equipment deliveries, and pack and unpack office supplies.
- Frequent client and interoffice personnel interaction as this position meets and greets patients and is heavily dependent on excellent customer interaction.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear telephonic equipment and comfortably communicate with Patients and others by telephone and in person.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) as required for business software, and operating office machines.
Position Summary: Under Direct and Indirect Supervision, perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, providing information to callers, effectively scheduling and confirming appointments for doctors and hygienist to ensure patient health satisfaction and practice profitability. Expected to respond to customer inquiries regarding explanations of benefits, information for general public, patients, visitors and other interested parties. Organize and maintain paper and electronic files. Compile, process, create, maintain and report records of clinical patients for the practice, other medical, and dental personnel, and other qualified interested parties. Maintain the highest security, privacy, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the health care system
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Monitor reception area for neatness and cleanliness; replace magazines into racks or arrange onto tables, reposition chairs, dispose of trash, etc.
- Acknowledge all visitors promptly, regardless of task at hand.
- Telephone: answer appropriately; record and retrieve messages
- Retrieve messages and e-mails and act upon them
- Welcome patients and visitors into office with cordial greeting and a smile
- Monitor schedule and patients who are waiting in reception area; notify appropriate staff of patient arrival and when there has been a delay in patient seating for appointment.
- Check patient records and provide with appropriate and necessary forms upon arrival (i.e. medical history, HIPAA consent, contact information, etc.) (Back up to Greeter)
- Make certain that office has x-rays from previous dentist when appropriate
- Schedule appointments in consideration of production and capacity
- Set up appointments with specialists when indicated; coordinate with specialists office, send x-rays, explanatory letter and provide a referral card/pamphlet for specialist to patient
- Accept and record payments made at the time of service, via mail and telephone
- Verify patient insurance coverage to ensure necessary procedures are covered by individual's provider
- Present financing options and make necessary arrangements
- File insurance claims; submit e-claims and paper claims when necessary
- Follow-up on all outstanding insurance claims/pre-estimate requests
- Be knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance of equipment at the front desk
- Order office supplies
- Prepare End-of-Day routine, including: (a) reconciling production and collection (b) settling credit card accounts (c) preparing and making bank deposits
- Prepare End-of-Month Report, when necessary
- Make courtesy calls for treatment follow-up (post-op calls, when necessary)
- Complete training in all areas shown on training schedule which apply to your position(s) Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use practice software systems.
- Memorize and use scripts effectively both over the phone and in person.
- File and maintain records.
- Protect the security of records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Release information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations and office procedures.
- Plan, develop, maintain and operate a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store and analyze information.
- Compile and maintain patients' medical records to document condition and treatment and to provide data for research or cost control and care improvement efforts.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
- Provide information about the Practice, such as location of offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Transmit information or documents to patients, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Processes insurance payments and ensures timely collection from patients and insurers.
- Provide, and complete insurance paperwork and obtain information from patients’ insurance provider(s) as needed to ensure payment.
- Actively pursues provision of excellent patient service.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner. Manage the hygiene schedule according to appointment scheduling guidelines to ensure all hours are scheduled efficiently and to production goal
- Check daily hygiene schedule for accuracy, capacity and distribution among hygienists
- Organize and maintain reports to ensure scheduling efficiency and effectiveness
- Follow-up on overdue hygiene appointments
- Monitor family members who need hygiene appointments as well as patients you are working with
- Monitor confirmations and confirm hygiene appointments
- Monitor daily hygiene flow
- Print monthly recall cards & labels and make certain they go out promptly
- Schedule hygiene treatment approved by insurance Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
- Must be detail oriented in order to prepare and process business correspondence.
- You must be flexible and understand that your job duties may change from time to time and that you may be asked to “help out” in other areas of the office.
- Must demonstrate active listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must demonstrate good reading comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma.
- Accurate typing at 40 words per minute.
- One Year Minimum Office experience.
- Preferred Two Years experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $16.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $16.00 /hour