DON - Director of Nursing (RN) Job Opening
DON - Director of Nursing (RN)
Col. Robert L. Howard State Veterans Home• Pell City, Alabama
Come work with America's Heroes where it is our honor to "Serve those who Served!"
- Competitive Pay with Great Benefits
- Up to 15% Annual Salary Bonus
- Relocation Package
Located in Pell City, AL, this 254 bed facility features skilled care, memory care, and domiciliary care all arranged in a “small house” or neighborhood setting. A large town center with a stone fireplace brings an instant feeling of warmth and community. Veterans love to gather in the “Stars and Stripes Café” to share a beverage and catch a ball game. Located over an hour outside of Birmingham, this is the most recent and modern State Veteran Home built by the ADVA and US Department of Veterans Affairs in Alabama.
To plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and the Medical Director, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Must have, at a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have, as a minimum, 5 years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Nurse Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Pell City, AL (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Commuting/travel assistance
Relocation Assistance Provided: