Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager - $2,000 Sign On Bonus Job Opening
Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager - $2,000 Sign On Bonus
Community Hospice of Baldwin County• Bay Minette, Alabama
Community Hospice is seeking a full time RN Case Manager for the Bay Minette and Eastern Shore areas!
Community Hospice of Baldwin County is an agency which provides community-based home care services to terminally ill patients. Organized in 1996, Community Hospice provides hospice care as an alternative to traditional health care in Baldwin, Escambia and Mobile counties in southwest Alabama.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments according to law and as permitted within the scope of the individual’s license.
- Perform nursing care according to the needs of the patient and as indicated in the written plan of care.
- Inform the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs.
- Prepare clinical and/or progress notes, for each visit or contact, and incorporate them into the clinical record.
- Teach, supervise and counsel the patient and family members regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home.
- Initiate and update the plan of treatment as established by the physician.
- Participate in in-service programs.
- Make the initial nursing evaluation visit to assess the nursing needs of the patient including all physical, functional, ADL, psychosocial, spiritual, communication, risk for pathological grief, cultural and environmental needs upon admission related to the terminal illness.
- Re-evaluate nursing needs based on the patient’s status and condition.
- Develop, implement, and update the plan of care as needed.
- Provide specialized nursing services, which may include treatments, diagnostic and preventive procedures.
- Initiate appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures for the patient's care and safety.
- Make staff assignments based on specific patient needs, family capabilities, staff training and experience, and degree of supervision needed.
- Serve as primary case manager to coordinate services for each patient assigned to case load.
- Current RN license in the State of Alabama, with no restrictions
- At least 1-year clinical experience in Hospice or Home Health
- Associate's Degree
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Nurse (RN): 1 year (Required)
- Hospice or Home Health: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
Relocation Assistance Provided: