Nurse Practitioner (Casual) Job Opening
Nurse Practitioner (Casual)
Aseracare Hospice• Hamilton, Alabama
*Ideal candidate would have ability to maintain consistent scheduling.*
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP) at AseraCare Hospice, you will partner with an interdisciplinary team to deliver excellent care to our patients and their loved ones. AseraCare NPs practice independently and in collaboration with hospice physicians to complete all required visits and documentation in accordance with hospice regulations for face-to-face visits. You'll focus your efforts on creating a personalized hospice journey for the patient and family that extends well beyond just treating the physical need. We are looking for qualified, compassionate professionals. If you are an independent and flexible leader ready to inspire our talented medical professionals to uphold our promise of quality care, then we have the opportunity for you.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our mission at AseraCare Hospice is to share our passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare, one person, one family and one community at a time.
- Nurse Practitioner with a valid state license
- Graduate of an accredited Geriatric or Palliative Care, preferred, or Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner Master's program.
- Previous geriatric, palliative care or hospice experience, preferred
- Board Certified as a Family, Adult or Gerontological Nurse Practitioner, preferred
- Superior communication skills
- Valid CPR certification
- ELNEC training, preferred
- ACHPN certification, preferred
- In-depth knowledge of service specific disease pathophysiology
- Strong collaborator and facilitator of interdisciplinary teams
- Broad base of technical knowledge and skills needed to perform all assigned clinical and administrative duties
- Relevant experience in hospice, palliative or geriatric care settings
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in healthcare environment, hospice/palliative care, preferred
- Understands hospice care and the services provided to patients and their family/caregiver. Intimate knowledge of Medicare Hospice Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Access 24hours a day to a reliable automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice are committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.