Physician Assistant Job Opening
BRADFORD HEALTH SERVICES• Warrior, Alabama
Position Title: Assistant
Department: Medical/ Nursing
Reports To: Medical Director Physician
Entry Level Qualifications:
Physician Assistant Certification from an accredited college/university. Currently licensed by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and current State licensure required. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must have legible handwriting. Continuing education as required for state licensure/certification as recommended by state or national professional association. A minimum of one year in chemical dependency treatment preferred. Proof of current malpractice insurance coverage with up to $1 million per occurrence.
1. Must be able to see at 20/40 corrected in each eye and hear (hearing aid acceptable).
2. Must have valid State driver's license.
3. Must be emotionally and physically capable of functioning under stressful situations.
4. If recovering, three years of continuous verifiable abstinence.
Patient history/physical examination, monitoring of patients in outpatient treatment. Under direct supervision of the Medical Director.
Know and abide by the general provisions of 42 CFR Part 2, Confidentiality of Drug and
Alcohol Abuse Patient Records , and 45 CFR Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act. This position has unrestricted access to patient identifying and
patient health information.
1. Perform history and physicals on new patients admitted to the facility.
2. Document weekly visits with patients for medical progress review.
3. Write orders for laboratory work and medication under the direct supervision of the physician.
4. Take screening call with direct backup by the supervising physician.
5. Participate in clinical staffing of patients.
6. Advise patients on medication side effects and proper usage.
7. Document First Dose dispensation and medication reconciliation with patients.
8. In a life threatening emergency situation, when the supervising physician is not present, the Physician’s Assistant may initiate appropriate evaluation and treatment.
9. Must be able to work in a cooperative manner with co-workers, managers, clients and prospective clients.
10. Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance, must not appear impaired or disoriented, but rather must present coherent and articulate speech, kept appearance, alert, oriented, and responsive to patients' needs and concerns.
11. Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness as to perform the job in a safe manner.
12. Regular attendance.
13. Other duties as assigned.