Clinic Assistant Job Opening
Medstar National Rehabilitation Network• Ellicott City, Maryland
Category: Medical Assistant
About MedStar Health
- Job Summary
- The Clinic Assistant (Physical Therapy Technician) performs a variety of clerical and patient care duties essential to the daily operation of the Outpatient Center. These duties include but are not limited to: assisting with medical record operations on a daily basis; greeting, registering and escorting patients; completing set-ups and clean-up for patient care; turning over patient rooms; performing other patient care duties as determined by the therapist.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma required. One (1) year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to work in a team environment; organized, timely, detail-oriented, pleasant and friendly attitude; customer service skills for interacting with patients, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds; takes initiative in following through with all procedures and policies; effective communication; must be able to utilize computer systems, software, fax machine and copier.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Informs therapist of patient arrival and escorts patient to treatment room. Prepares treatment rooms and areas for evaluations and treatment. Changes linen and arranges treatment supplies and equipment, i.e., prepares hot packs, cold packs, exercise equipment, etc. Is timely and punctual in addressing the needs and expectations of the therapists and patients.
- Assists with patient treatment as directed by therapist and/or provide coverage as appropriate and needed. Under the close supervision of a therapist may carry out predetermined, well defined treatment sessions to include but not limited to: exercise program, ambulation, transfer activities, balance activities.
- Routinely stocks the linen cabinets and maintains appropriate levels of linen. Empties dirty linen hampers as indicated or as requested by supervisor.
- Maintains all clinical supply par levels according to established levels. Informs clinic manager of patient and clinical system maintenance, work flow and other clinical processes on a regular basis.
- Follows established policies and procedures for cleaning and maintaining all equipment (mat tables, mats, clinic surfaces, paraffin, modalities, hot pack machine, etc.). Cleans mats and mat tables on a daily basis according to schedule established by Clinic Director/Coordinator. Assists with ensuring that all equipment is put in its proper place and that the treatment areas and storage rooms are neat and orderly. Reports any broken or missing equipment to the Clinic Director/Coordinator.
- Performs all administrative tasks as assigned. Prepares the schedule for the next day. Organizes pre-registration folders for the next day. Adheres to schedules to maintain efficient patient care delivery. Completes other assignments or duties as requested.
- Greets all patients professionally. If necessary, assists patients with completing forms, reviews the patient information, explains insurance benefits, witnesses all necessary forms, makes copies of identification and insurance card, obtains physician prescription and/or HMO referral. Assembles the medical record with all registration forms accurately and timely according to established procedures and provide record to clinical provider at the time of the evaluation.
- Answers telephones as needed with the correct salutation. Provides effective coverage for the administrative team during scheduled and unscheduled absences.
- Informs supervisor of system maintenance, work flow with medical record, registration and re-certification issues and other daily operational processes on a regular basis.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.