HSE Specialist Job Opening
Graphic Packaging International• Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Perform necessary safety orientation for new employees and continuing Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) training projects.
- Serve as resource for the Safety and Health Committee and all sub-committees.
- Coordinates the Plant's safety audit efforts.
- Serve as remote support for the environmental requirements of sister plant.
- Assist with special HSE projects at sister plants, some travel required.
- Demonstrate commitment to the annual plant, department, and individual goals.
- Maintain the OSHA log, ESDMS and other corporate HSE reporting requirements.
- Coordinate monthly & annual employee HSE training material, format, and attendance to support the plant safety objective.
- Exhibits strong team work skills to achieve plant goals.
- Coordinate the purchase of all necessary HSE equipment.
- Manage the plant’s Emergency Response Team and its training.
- Maintain testing and recordkeeping in compliance with OSHA.
- Initiate appropriate case management of all workers compensation cases.
- Conduct internal departmental and plant HSE audits and ergonomic assessments.
- Participates in the monthly HSE conference calls.
- Completes annual HSE reporting on time and as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager and HR Manager.
This function requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be computer literate and have demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
A Bachelors Degree and/or 4-7 years of experience in a manufacturing operation preferred.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.