Adult Family Care Case Manager Job Opening
Adult Family Care Case Manager
Communitas, Inc.• Wakefield, Massachusetts
Communitas, formerly known as EMARC, is an agency dedicated to delivering individualized, family-centered services, programs and support for people of all abilities, across their lifespan and in their communities. We are inspired by and committed to our people as we meet their changing needs and create new pathways for growth.
The Adult Family Care Case Manager provides comprehensive case management for AFC Individuals and Caregivers including intake assessment, goal setting, progress monitoring, training, advocacy, and referrals.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, exact hours and schedule will be individually arranged with supervisor to accommodate job.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts the initial and ongoing assessments of the AFC qualified setting.
- Obtains a social history and conducts a psychosocial assessment and evaluation of the individual.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of the AFC plan of care.
- Conducts on-site visits with each individual and the caregiver in the qualified setting monthly or bi-monthly.
- Completes progress notes, ensuring the documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Assists the individual in obtaining information and accessing other health-care and community services.
- Reviews and documents the fire and safety procedures for the qualified setting.
- Participates in discharge planning and implementation.
- Participates in ISP and team meetings as needed, attends other meetings as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Education, Human Services or a related field is required.
- At least two year's of experience in a family support position is preferred, a passion and dedication to supporting our people is a must.
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and reliable transportation is required.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check including references, CORI and fingerprinting.
Benefits and Perks
- Valuable recognition, regular training opportunities and room for personal development and growth abound for motivated and dedicated candidates.
- Communitas, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package that includes three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees, one week of sick time, eleven holidays, employer paid life insurance and long-term disability, medical and dental insurance, and more!