Home Health Aide - Full time or PRN Job Opening
Home Health Aide - Full time or PRN
Amedisys, Inc.• Searcy, Arkansas
Category: Nurse Assistant
Home Health Aide - Full time or PRN-18010141
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a clinical team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Schedule Full-timePrimary Location United States-Arkansas-SearcyOrganization Homecare
What You Will Do:
As a home health aide for Amedisys you will provide one on one personal care to patients in their home setting using a patient specific care plan to facilitate the patient’s self-care and independence with activities of daily living. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will work independently while having the direction, support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Provide personal care which includes bathing and personal hygiene.
- Reads and records vital signs such as reading of temperature, pulse and respiration and/or blood pressure.
- Assists the patient with ambulation, transfers, and positioning or prescribed exercises as instructed by the registered nurse or a therapist.
- Prepares medically prescribed nutrition and fluids and may perform other homemaking or environmental services as required.
- Document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required reports and established timelines.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting and has not had a consecutive twenty-four (24) month or more lapse in practice for compensation since last competency training.
- Current state certification as a nurse assistant, nurse aide, certified home health aide or proof of registry as required by state, if applicable*.
- Home Health Aide (HHA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 484.36. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the agency. Additionally, upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.36(a)
- Current CPR certification
- Transportation access to and from work assignments. In instances where employee performs tasks that require the use of their automobile, evidence of current driver’s license and required liability insurance.
- California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming
- Current state certification as a nurse assistant preferred unless required by the state in which the employee is assigned to work
- Previous home health or hospice experience
California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming require current state certification as a nurse assistant, nurse aide, certified home health aide or proof of registry as required.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees