Registered Dental Hygienist Job Opening
Registered Dental Hygienist
Senior Dental Care• Osceola, Iowa
Category: Dental Hygienist
REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENIST
We’re looking for a Registered Dental Hygienist to join us who would enjoy working for a company that makes a difference in the geriatric population’s lives in communities across the nation.
The Registered Dental Hygienist position is located in Osceola, IA and surrounding areas.
Some responsibilities include the following:
- Review patients lists prior to visit and make sure that all supplies/equipment are available at every stop.
- Arrive on time and check in with dental contact and review list of patients to be seen.
- Transport, set-up and take down equipment and supplies in room designated as work space by facility.
- Work with contacts at nursing home to coordinate transfer or patients and their chart to and from the treatment room. If issues with transport of patients/charts and all options have been exhausted, call clinical coordinator for assistance.
- Provide needed instruments/supplies during treatment procedures as indicated by DDS.
- Explain procedures as they are completed to patient. Follow up with staff at facility to review recommendations for patient.
- Enter chart notes for treatment provided into Salesforce at the time of treatment.
- Assist DDS in ensuring that OSHA safety and cleanliness regulations are followed during patient treatment.
- Ensure that disposables are handled correctly before leaving facilities.
- Check out with dental contact at facility. Review chart notes/referrals. Leave printed copies of chart notes with facilities for patient charts.
- Work with clinical coordinator on schedule and follow up of patient care and treatment.
- Maintain dental equipment through regular cleaning and maintenance routines.
- Inventory supplies and order as needed.
- Follow regulated OSHA guidelines in handling and sterilization of instruments.
- Utilize personal vehicle for equipment/supply transport and traveling to scheduled facility visits (will be reimbursed business mileage after commute adjustment).
- Ship and receive denture cases to and from lab on a weekly basis at minimum.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Ability to provide care to seniors in your community
- A chance to give back and make a difference
REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Iowa Registered Dental Hygienist License(s).
- Customer Service Skills – must be able to work with staff at nursing home to ensure that their dental needs are being met.
- Computer Skills – must be able to log chart notes at time of visit.
- Organization – must keep supplies and dentures organized. Must also keep daily schedule organized and updated with most recent schedule changes.
- Multi-Tasker – ability to prioritize and address multiple demands concurrently.
- Communication – must be able to communicate effectively with clinical coordinator, patient, responsible parties and facility staff as necessary.
- Team Mindset – the ability to work within a team for the good of the customer.
- Positive Problem Solver – ability to think on your feet and find solutions to a variety of unique issues.
- Openness to continuous improvement of process and customer service experience.
- 2-3 years clinical experience as a Dental Hygienist.
- Ability to push/pull + or - 200lbs (ex. wheelchair)
- Willingness to travel within a two-hour radius from home.
- We Offer Mileage Reimbursement and Hotel Fee Reimbursement