Associate Registrar Job Opening
Vermont Tech• Randolph Center, Vermont
Vermont Technical college offers a wide range of associate, baccalaureate, and master's degree programs in such areas as engineering technology, computer sciences, nursing and allied health, agriculture, business, professional studies, using face-to-face, online, and interactive videoconferencing technologies at multiple campuses and sites state-wide.
In addition, the College delivers numerous certificate programs to students and customized training programs for employers. The College prides itself on the quality of the education experience provided to students and their success after graduation.
Vermont Tech provides career-focused, technical, and specialized education in a caring community which prepares students for immediate workplace success and continued learning.
To support the academic functions of the college by coordinating and overseeing several specialized functions of the Registrar's Office. Assist the Registrar with aspects of planning and institutional research. Responsibilities include researching and supplying needed information to students, staff, faculty and the administration.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the scheduling of course sections, conferring regularly with Academic Deans, department chairpersons, Registrar and other college personnel to coordinate schedules, investigate and resolve problems.
- Generate various reports including days/times reports, instructor load reports, low enrollment reports; section availability reports and room utilization reports using computer software such as Colleague, Excel and Ad Astra.
- Work with college Athletic Director, coaches and student athletes to confirm athletic eligibility.
- Generate reports as requested by the Academic Dean including Fact Book reports and other reports related to enrollment, retention, and student and faculty records as well as specialized reports from the data warehouse and the computerized student data system.Provide statistical analysis which may include files from financial aid, student records, and admissions.
- Assist with the evaluation of transfer credits for incoming and continuing students, including initial evaluation at time of acceptance and final re-evaluation and records updating and processing at time of registration.
- Maintain and coordinate degree audits and assist with graduation verifications.
- Assist with large group registrations, including day-long registration events.
- Assist with the maintenance and production of the college catalogue.
- Generate, maintain and verify various reports on faculty workload working with the Assistant Academic Dean, Academic Dean, department chairpersons and
- staff assistant.
- Confer frequently with supervisor and other college personnel to plan and coordinate activities/systems, exchange information, investigate and resolve problems.
- Serve on college and system-wide committees as requested.
- Assist with a variety of general administrative functions, such as design of forms and letters and updating college publications.
- Interpret standard policies and investigate and resolve problems, referring unusual situations to Registrar.
- Assist other staff with difficult or unusual tasks and resolve problems as needed.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- Keep abreast of current developments in higher education policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, plus five or more years of relevant records administration experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Good organizational, administrative, and communication skills.
- Strong skills in administering complex record systems, including some experience with computerized information systems, previous Registrar's Office experience desirable.
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills including strong computer skills; programming skills a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of individuals including students, parents, college personnel and outside agencies/organizations.
- Valid drivers license
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled or by date specified. However, applications received after the initial screening will be considered at the discretion of the College.
Vermont Tech strongly encourages applications from members of ethnic minority groups and other under-represented backgrounds. Vermont Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the Vermont State Colleges system. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
NOTE: This job is subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal background check. Any offer of employment is conditional upon successful completion of these checks.
VSCUP-PAT bargaining unit Grade: 11 FLSA: Exempt Full-time 37.5hrs/week, M-F 8-4:30
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
All applications must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax. Please follow the instructions to complete the job application. In addition to the application you may upload a resume/CV, cover letter, and any other supporting materials. For best results all uploaded documents should be in PDF format.
As you are submitting your application via this online process, please assure you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating your application materials have been received.
Should you experience difficulty with the application process, please click on the Contact our Help Desk link and a technical representative will respond to your request.