Medical Device Support Specialist Job Opening
Medical Device Support Specialist
Novocure• Sedona, Arizona
The Medical Device Support Specialist (DSS) is responsible for supporting commercial and clinical trial oncology patients utilizing the NovoTTF device. Reporting to a Regional DSS Manager, the Device Support Specialist is an exempt, full-time, field-based position.
- Ideal candidate will be located in: Sedona, AZ or Prescott, AZ.
**This Territory will be shared with another Medical Device Support Specialist covering Phoenix and Las Vegas**
- Support and honor our "PatientForward" mission
- Manage administrative tasks including expense reports, follow-up forms, equipment management, office supplies/ordering, and office logistics (as applicable)
- Conduct regular patient visits and provide the following:
- Check technical status of devices and replace components as necessary.
- Troubleshoot problems through a well-defined procedure.
- Provide patient training and reinforce as applicable.
- Perform data collection and analysis to offer feedback in the form of verbal communications or formal documentation
- Serve as technical interface between the Company and assigned medical centers
- Support commercial and clinical trial oncology patients utilizing the NovoTTF device
- Provide patient support by phone or in person as necessary, including beyond normal business hours and potentially weekends and holidays.
- Work independently within an assigned regional territory while collaborating with cross functional team members
- Travel to patient homes and to physician offices.
Educational Prerequisites and Requirements:
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's preferred
- Patient care experience preferred (medical technician, medical assistant, nurse, nurse assistant, physical or occupational therapist or assistant, assisted living care provider)
- Proficiency in basic computer operations including but not limited to Microsoft Office, manipulating computer files, following test and troubleshooting procedures (experience with Concur, SalesForce, and SAP a benefit)
- Must have access to a car with a valid driver's license and insurance.
- All approved travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Amount of travel required is dependent on patient needs and location and may include occasional overnight stays may require up to 50% travel
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Performance Behavior Competencies:
The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
- Attitude & Enthusiasm: Must have a positive, "can do" attitude.
- Communication: Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Dependability/Perseverance: always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule.
- Flexibility: Can accept change and is flexible toward change. Have the ability to redirect work and priorities to be in alignment with the strategic corporate goals.required.
- Counted on to achieve objectives and be flexible to take on other tasks when
- Judgment: Be able to make sound judgments and escalate when in doubt.
- Planning/Scheduling: Handle multiple projects and priorities in order to meet required deadlines. Ability to plan ahead and foresee company needs.
- Professionalism: adhere to a high level of professionalism by demonstrating ethical behavior.
- Teamwork: work with others in contributing to the overall success of the company.
Novocure is a private commercial-stage oncology company dedicated to the advancement of tumor treating fields TTF therapy for patients with solid tumors. TTF therapy is an innovative antimitotic treatment that attempts to slow or reverse tumor progression by inducing tumor cell death.
Our company pioneered the concept that the electric properties of cells can be used as an effective target for an anti-neoplastic therapy. Founded by Professor Yoram Palti in 2000, Novocure has grown to become a global organization with employees in six countries. We have been fortunate throughout our expansion to attract a world class team with a shared passion to provide cancer patients with a new treatment option.
Novocure's US operations are based in Portsmouth, NH. The Global Commercialization Team is located in New York City and the company maintains a research facility in Haifa, Israel.