Registered Nurse (RN) Job Opening
Registered Nurse (RN)
Newport Mental Health• Middletown, Rhode Island
Newport Mental Health is a progressive high-energy organization that emphasizes evidence based best practices to assist individuals recovering from mental illness and substance abuse disorders. Our organization is a supportive environment where mentorship and mission is critical to our work. We are committed to supervision and growth of our employees and support a healthy work life balance.
We are currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to provide integrated, patient centered care at our 65 Valley Road office between the hours of 8 AM and 430 PM.No week-ends, no holidays, no evenings. Nursing at NMH is team based. As such, NMH offers an excellent opportunity to learn/strengthen therapeutic skills in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Provide professional, patient-centered, psychiatric/mental health nursing to clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Complete nursing assessments of client’s bio-psycho-social needs including MSE and assessment of risk profiles
- Administer medication per MD/NP orders, including injections
- Provide medication education based on client’s need and assessed level of readiness and level of understanding
- Practice integrated health by coordinating with other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Participate in professional interdisciplinary meetings
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide guidance and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Actively engage in supervision of at least one hour individual a month and three hours of group supervision
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State of Rhode Island
- Previous psychiatric nursing experience preferred, which may include inpatient, outpatient, community support, emergency services
- Bachelor’s of Science Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, detail orientated a must.
- Willingness to take an active role in professional growth and the supervision process.
Our fast paced and impactful workplace provides an excellent environment to continue developing professional skills. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, along with a full-time, weekday only schedule.For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter.
More about us:
Founded in 1964, Newport Mental Health provides trauma informed evidence-based services to children, adolescents, families, and adults who are experiencing problems with mental illness, substance abuse or stress in their lives that would benefit from counseling and other behavioral health services and supports. Our person-centered recovery approach to care offers individuals a chance to achieve a better quality of life and recovery from emotional illness.
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Nurse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
- Specialty hospital