Medical Assistant-Cert-SPG Job Opening
Southcoast Health System• Middletown, Rhode Island
At Southcoast Health, we acknowledge that our employees are what helps make us great!
We are searching for a Medical Assistant in our Family Medicine Practice to perform a variety of medical assisting duties both within and in support of the assigned Medical Offices within Southcoast Physicians Group. Under the supervision of primary care providers / nurses, and in collaboration with clinic team members and patients and families (as defined by patient),the medical assistant will provide the highest quality of care and treatment for all patients, assist providers with patient care and procedures, and facilitate efficient flow of patients through the clinic or medical office. The position may be responsible for telephone communication with patients including communication of test results, surgery schedules, procedures and providing appropriate counsel and follow-up under the direction of a designated supervisor. Utilize an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and other related software to update and/or access patient information, as appropriate. Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality. Responsibilities may include providing medical interpretation in a language other than English for the practice office.
Shift: Day Shift 8:30AM - 5PM
Location : Family Medicine - Middletown, RI
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Equal to completion of 4 years of high school.
- Specialized courses and training.
- National third-party certification, such as AMCA, AAMA, AMT, CCMA (NHA certification), or NCMA (NCCT certification) is required within 90 days of hire
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program, or equivalent medical office practice experience, is required.
- BLS certification required
- Prior experience in using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and/or health-related computer software is preferred.
- One (1) year of medical assistance work experience is preferred.
- Fluent in a language other than English and Medical Interpreting is preferred
Southcoast Health is a community based health delivery system with multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and East Bay, Rhode Island. For more than 100 years, we have provided quality, patient-focused care in a stet-of-the-art environment. By uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of services and resources, we have become one of the largest and fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.
Together We Are More.
- 311 years of hospitals’ collective continuous services
- 920 + square miles of service across southern MA + East bay, RI
- 7400 + employees doctors, nurses, professionals in IT, Finance, HR, and more
- Top 5% of USA hospitals for 2017 clinical performance by Healthgrades
We are committed to providing our employees in MA and RI with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our employees’ lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 24 hours.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Join us in our strive to be more than medicine!