Social Services Director Job Opening
Social Services Director
Carter Nursing & Rehab Center• Grayson, Kentucky
Category: Case Manager
Make a Difference in our Residents' Lives!
We are seeking a Social Worker that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
We live our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, and Teamwork & Stewardship every day with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.
Contact: Stacy Hatcher
- Assists in pre-admission and admission process with customers; aids clients in adjusting to nursing home placement.
- Interviews residents and families to obtain relevant past and present adjustments, behavior and lifestyle.
- Documents progress and updates plans of care at the interdisciplinary care conference.
- Arranges transportation, makes appointments and acts as a liaison between all departments, residents’ families and outside agencies.
- Assists in handling and accepting placement through one-on-one counseling and group work.
- Ascertains potential and develops discharge plans when clients are admitted.
- Arranges for post discharge services and follow-up care.
- Assesses emotional, financial, spiritual, educational and social needs of residents; ensures those needs are Manager, Education & Training by the facility or through the use of outside agencies.
- Acts as resident/family advocate and ensure the resident is knowledgeable in and exercises his/her rights.
- Responsible for organizing and conduction of Family Counsel Meetings and maintaining minutes of the meeting.
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families, healthcare professionals and facility staff.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work
- License with State
- One year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting, working directly with patients and families.
- Experience in working in healthcare setting – preference in nursing home, hospice, home health, hospital.
- Ability to work with a variety of people in situations varying from community and nursing home planning.
- Able to make decisions concerning procedures based on evaluations and interpretations of case histories.