Assistant Director of Nursing ADON Job Opening
Assistant Director of Nursing ADON
Kachina Point Rehabilitation Hospital• Sedona, Arizona
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING (ADON)
The assistant director of nursing services is responsible for managing the overall scope of the facility's nursing staff.
The assistant director of nursing is tasked with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the nursing staff, which ranges from planning and evaluating nursing systems, rotations, and methods to ensuring that individual patients are receiving optimal care. The assistant director of nursing services is usually the second-highest ranked nurse in a facility, answering to the director of nursing services. Indeed, the assistant director has some of the same roles and responsibilities, which may include calling staff meetings, conducting employee evaluations, and hiring and training new staff. The assistant director is still a nurse, and he or she usually conducts at least two supervisory rounds per day.
Assistant directors of nursing services begin their careers by being licensed as registered nurses (RN). Employers prefer candidates who have a degree in nursing, as well as demonstrable supervisory or administrative experience. Previous experience in this specific role is not usually necessary, but it is preferred.
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) Tasks
- Assist with management of the Department of Nursing, including evaluation of staff.
- Evaluate and take action around complaints, failed audits, and staff problems.
- Maintain and update audit, compliance and legal documentation, including analyzing patient and staff data.
- Plan resource utilization and care interventions according to available data and known trends.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nurse Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Relocation Assistance Provided: