Veterinary Technician / Assistant Job Opening
Veterinary Technician / Assistant
Bell Rock Veterinary Clinic• Sedona, Arizona
Bell Rock Veterinary Clinic is growing and we are looking to add to our skilled team. Our ideal team members will be professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. We are seeking to fill 2 full time positions.
- Minimum 1 year experience in veterinary medicine. (CVT preferred)
- Familiarity with electronic medical records. (Experience with Impromed preferred)
- Friendly, outgoing, team-oriented personality.
- Attention to detail.
- Firm understanding of veterinary medicine and ability to educate clients as needed.
- Compassion for clients and patients.
- Willingness to continue to learn and grow.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, and team lift pets weighing over 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
The duties of a Veterinary Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Taking a medical history from a client in an exam room, or over the phone.
- Collect vitals on a patient (weight, temperature, pulse, respiration etc.).
- Remain calm during an emergency, and maintain a high standard of care.
- Work closely with the doctor and other support staff.
- Monitor anesthesia.
- Perform dental procedures including radiographs, and prophy.
- Take radiographs.
- Handle, prepare and run samples in the laboratory.
- Competitive compensation.
- Sick pay.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 6 holidays per year (Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day).
- IRA with employer contribution.
- Health insurance.
- Discounted services for employee animals.
- CE opportunities.
To apply, please email or drop your resume off in person 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules