Admissions Director / Long Term Care / Experience Required Job Opening
Admissions Director / Long Term Care / Experience Required
CommuniCare Health Services• Ellicott City, Maryland
Are you an energetic professional with previous Admissions Experience in Long Term Care?
Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center is currently seeking the right professional individual to fill the full time position of Admissions Director.
We are looking for a STRONG candidate with the right background and experience! The ideal candidate will have great communication skills and attention to detail.
The Admissions Director assists the Marketing Director in developing census and providing external and internal support throughout the admissions process. The successful candidate for the Admissions Director position must have 3 - 5 years previous admissions experience in a nursing home/long term care setting. Prior supervisory experience, and management training required. Excellent customer service skills, basic computer skills, initiative, and a thorough understanding of Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care and long term care are needed for this position. The Admissions Director is expected to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor and a high level of confidentiality in all matters of the job. This position must work flexible hours.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Perform all pre-admission processes
- Perform all admission processes
- Perform all census procedures
- Perform all discharge procedures
- Maintain up-to-date financial knowledge of the financial aspects of nursing operations and provide accurate documentation of all services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor sources
- Perform community marketing events and establish relationships within the community
The Admissions Director is a full time, salaried position in a fun, team environment! At Ellicott City, you will enjoy a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and PTO plans. We offer you a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts. If you meet the requirements for Admissions Director, and you would like to be part of a World Class team of professionals,respond to this ad with your resume and salary history for confidential consideration.
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years previous admissions experience in a Long Term Care/Nursing Home setting required. We are looking for candidates with a STRONG background.
- Previous supervisory experience and management training required
- Must have thorough understanding of Medicaid, Medicare and Managed Care and VA requirements and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- This position must work flexible hours
- Must have excellent customer service skills and good organizational skills.
- Great communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be respectful and a team player
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspect of the job
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff, residents, and family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess basic computer skills.