Primary Therapist - Substance Abuse Job Opening
Primary Therapist - Substance Abuse
Magnolia Creek Treatment Center for Eating Disorders• Columbiana, Alabama
Turn your passion, experience and expertise in substance abuse treatment into a highly rewarding career providing life saving treatment to clients in a residential treatment setting. Located just outside of Birmingham, Alabama, Magnolia Creek Treatment Center for Eating Disorders provides collaborative, evidence-based treatment focused on nutrition, personal empowerment, and guiding women to recovery. In this role you will be providing individual and group treatment services for women seeking recovery.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close working relationships with clients, Management, Clinical Director, facility leadership, peers and vendors.
Outside the organization: May initiate and maintain working relationships with clinical providers, referral partners, families and vendors as needed and directed.
- Responsible for the clinical management of assigned clients.
- Assists in identification of treatment/contract goals, completing the initial psychosocial assessment and substance abuse issues.
- Responsible for client concerns and questions.
- Works with Clients regarding substance abuse and recommends treatment plans for the same.
- Works with the physician and outside agencies when necessary to bring additional assistance with substance abuse.
- Responsible for maintaining contact with the assigned client’s referring/outpatient substance abuse therapist during the client’s stay and the client’s family when/if appropriate.
- Completes a weekly privilege list and a bi-weekly substance abuse treatment plan for assigned clients.
- Assist the Program Coordinator/Clinical Director in providing clinical updates to the insurance company’s Case Manager.
- Meets with RTC clients a minimum of 2 times weekly and with PHP clients a minimum of once a week to help explore identified issues and behaviors in relationship to current symptoms.
- Attends group meetings, meals and other activities in the milieu to better establish a relationship with clients.
- Provides comprehensive understanding of current behaviors and relational dynamics while using a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- Attends the weekly team meetings and share observations, comments and important information about clients with the treatment team and provides input into the development of the weekly schedules for all of his/her assigned clients.
- Responsible for proper charting and ensuring that all documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in meal/snack supervision as assigned and attends special occasion activities for the clients.
- Assists with discharge planning, including a written discharge summary and obtaining referral sources and necessary support systems once the client is discharged.
- Depending on credentials and/or licensure, may serve as a preceptor to graduate students while they are completing an internship at Magnolia Creek.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications related to Magnolia Creek Mission and population.
- Functions within the guidelines of the facility’s Code of Ethics and in accordance with corporate compliance.
- Assists new therapist during their Orientation to MCTCED as needed.
- Assists in promoting and ensuring that the mission, goals and objectives of MCTCED are understood and actively supported by the employees.
- Provides a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Accomplishes organization mission by completing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires a Master’s Degree and hold a current license with the state of Alabama (ALC/LPC); Requires a current Substance Abuse Counseling certification (NCAC, MAC, CASAC, LDAC, CADC); Requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers, clients and/or vendors.
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building.
- Performs duties that require the employee to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- May sit or remain stationary for periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Displays readiness to assume additional responsibilities in working with clients with eating disorders as evidenced by timeliness, dedication, and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates a high attention to detail and organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Welcomes and integrates feedback from team.
- Possesses a clear understanding of safety and security standards of MCTCED and the employee’s role within those standards.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to use sound judgement.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, while building and maintaining professional relationships.
- Demonstrates a strong belief in and commitment to the goals and mission of Magnolia Creek Treatment Center.
Magnolia Creek Treatment Center reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Subustance Abuse Treatment/Counesling: 2 years (Required)
- Master's (Required)
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling (Required)
- LPC/ALC (Required)