Occupational Health Nurse Job Opening
Occupational Health Nurse
Tyson Foods• Tecumseh, Nebraska
If you are looking to make an impact on a meaningful scale, come join us as we raise the world's expectations for how much good food can do!
Work Shift:1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Working at Tecumseh facility to provide nursing care to employees
- Assisting with the development and implementation health and safety programs
- Developing and supporting disease prevention programs, such as smoking cessation, exercise, and healthy eating programs
- Documenting employee injuries and illnesses within the workplace
- Observing and assessing the work environment for potential dangers and hazards
- Treating injuries and illnesses for employees, including follow-ups and referrals
- Overseeing and implementing emergency and disaster preparedness programs and planning
- Serving as a liaison for healthcare services, including rehabilitation and disability matters
- Counseling employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward community resources and/or employee assistance programs
- Monitoring the health status of employees
- Serve as a member on the safety and first aid committees
- Conduct flu shot clinics on-site
- Conducting research on the effects of hazardous work conditions or workplace exposures, which may include gathering data and reporting findings to the employer
- Other duties as assigned
- Licensed Registered Nurse (Preferred) or Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Nebraska
- 3 or more years’ experience in clinical nursing.
- Preferred experience and knowledge in occupational health, workers compensation, and injury/illness assessments.
- Microsoft Office Proficient
- Current NE Driver's License
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
When completing a Tyson Foods employment application, be sure to complete all tasks listed on the candidate home page. If not, you will see a message that there are 1 or more task(s) that require attention. Applicants for hourly production positions must complete the task to provide additional information to be considered from employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.