Case Manager Job Opening
Newport Mental Health• Middletown, Rhode Island
Newport Mental Health is a progressive high-energy organization that uses state of the art approaches to help individuals recover from mental illness and substance abuse disorders. NMH offers an excellent opportunity for anyone considering a career in mental health to gain knowledge and experience and to learn/strengthen therapeutic skills in a multidisciplinary setting by helping people to overcome their disabilities and meet their life goals.
We are currently seeking several motivated, caring and empathetic Case Managers to join our team. Partnering with care teams in Middletown and working throughout our residential homes in Rhode Island, the Case Managers coordinate care for our clients across disciplines.
- Participate in daily team meetings with Program Coordinator and Specialists to review client visits and concerns, communicate appointments and coordinate care
- Meet with clients individually at the center or in the community to assist with needs including the understanding of the value of psychotropic medications: Develop recovery goals, identifying any obstacles and plans to overcome them to meet goals
- Work with families and identified supports that can be part of the client’s recovery plan
- Support and assist clients with problem solving around daily concerns such as transportation to appointments, grocery shopping or communication with Social Security for benefits
- Communicate with various landlords to ensure client housing needs are stable, including facilitating applications with Housing Authorities
- Participate in individual or group supervision to learn therapeutic and problem solving techniques.
- 1 or more years of experience working in the human services field
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to professionally communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of individuals
- Caring and empathetic, with the desire to help others in need
- Self-motivated and independent, with the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation to travel to our facilities throughout the area
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package in a supportive environment where mentorship and mission is critical to our work.Our fast paced and impactful workplace provides an excellent environment to learn.
More about us:
Founded in 1964, Newport Mental Health provides trauma informed evidence-based services to children, adolescents, families, and adults who are experiencing problems with mental illness, substance abuse or stress in their lives that would benefit from counseling and other behavioral health services and supports. Our person-centered recovery approach to care offers individuals a chance to achieve a better quality of life and recovery from emotional illness.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Human Services: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)