Nurse Practitioner Job Opening
LifeCare Health Partners• Sparks, Nevada
We have an immediate opportunity for Nurse Practitioners.
General Summary: Under the supervision of a LifeCare staff physician, in conjunction with the Chief Nursing Officer, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for administering and overseeing a variety of assignments related to the health care services for patients of LifeCare hospitals. The Nurse Practitioner is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients in a clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in the adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older) populations.
- Obtains and records patient medical history and performs physical examinations.
- Orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and treatment plans.
- Prepares, develops and initiates treatment plan in consultation with Attending Physician.
- Performs routine invasive procedures; performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as authorized by current clinical privileges.
- Educates and counsels patient and family members on condition, desired results of treatment plans, expectations during illness and recovery and other related areas.
- Participates in the management of patient’s care, determines need for consultation to ensure the continuity and quality of care.Consults with supervising physicians, specialists, and other health professionals as appropriate.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Not applicable
Education: Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program, Master’s degree or higher.
Experience: Must have cardiac care experience. At least one year experience in appropriate setting preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current full, unrestricted license in state where currently practicing. Current certification in specialty area of practice, i.e., family, adult, acute care. DEA number, if authorized to prescribe controlled substances.