CRNP -Full-Time St. Clair, Springville Job Opening
CRNP -Full-Time St. Clair, Springville
Wexford Health Sources, Inc.• Springville, Alabama
Full-Time CRNP/PA at St. Clair CF in Springville, AL
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team of healthcare professionals at St. Clair Correctional Facility in Springville, Alabama.
Responsible and accountable for evaluating and treating inmate patients upon referral. Acts as a consultant to the nursing staff. Responsible for the delivery of contracted services, personnel, and coordination of psychiatric/behavioral health services and programs.
- Under direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision of the Medical Director, is responsible and accountable for evaluating and treating inmates upon referral and acts as a consultant to the nursing staff.
- Examine for, recognize and interpret symptoms of patient conditions
- Prepare patients for and perform or assist in special treatments, procedures and examinations
- Perform historical and physical examinations
- Assist or perform with supervision, minor surgical procedures
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current license as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner/Specialist in the State of Alabama (ANCC certification in psychiatry is not required)
CERTIFICATION: Board Certification by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
EDUCATION: Master’s of Science degree in Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Knowledge and skills to access diagnose and treat medical and psychiatric disorders; and have knowledge and experience with the special needs and behavior of individuals in forensic and correctional settings.