Nurse Practitioner-Radiation Oncology clinic Job Opening
Nurse Practitioner-Radiation Oncology clinic
Northern Arizona Healthcare• Sedona, Arizona
Category: Nurse Practitioner
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will provide expert knowledge in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for patients in their specialty. S/he will assist in the facilitation of activities, including in-service education, performance improvement, and outreach education.
- Demonstrates ability to assess, document and implement actions required to meet patient/family needs.
- Documents and communicates patient/family learning needs.
- Documents assessments, interventions, and patient responses.
- Functions as an Advance Practice Nurse involving diagnosis and intiation of treatment.
- Provides full spectrum of patient care in office setting (physical assessment, diagnostic testing, diagnosis and treatment).
- Reviews patient chart for follow-up and documentation.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical procedures and terminology.
- Serves as first contact person for nursing staff, medical staff, social service, pastoral care, and other hospital departments regarding the management of service patients.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree in Nursing- Required
- Graduate from an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program- Required within 6 months of hire
Certification & Licensures
- Current unrestricted Arizona license as an APRN- Required within 6 months of hire
- CNS-Medical Surgical or NP ANCC or AANP Certification- Required with 6 months
- BLS (American Heart Association) certification- Required
- CCRN- Preferred