RN Case Manager Job Opening
RN Case Manager
Sunshine Home Health and Hospice• Logan, Utah
Sunshine Home Health and Hospice, part of the Sunshine Terrace Foundation, is looking for a part time RN Case Manager.
Summary: The RN Case Manager provides quality nursing services to individuals in their homes via the development, implementation, and evaluation of patient care plans. Acts as a liaison between the home health agency, patients, and their families. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and provides clinical supervision of other home healthcare staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Develops a plan of care that corresponds with the physicians orders through assessment of patient’s needs, condition, environment, consultation with other health team members, at time of initial visit and updates plan of care regularly as necessary and documents this care following agency procedures.
- Supervises LPN’s and paraprofessionals providing service to ensure the delivery of competent, quality patient care in the home
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of patient needs at appropriate times
- Maintains an ongoing responsibility for assigned caseload
- Maintains communication regarding patient needs with physician, Director of Nursing, CNA Supervisor, and other staff as appropriate.
- Provides health education and disease prevention to patient and family on any diagnosis, medications and/or treatments as ordered by the Physician
- Provides teaching and counsels patient and family members
- Provides skilled nursing care that conforms with patient care and general medical policies
- Rotates weekend, night, and holiday call with staff to facilitate adequate coverage for all patients
- Completes clinical and progress notes within required timeframes
- Attends interdisciplinary treatment team meetings to facilitate patient care
- Participates in staff in-service programs and meetings
- Plans for patients’ discharge from service
Job Requirements – RN Case Manager
Education: Requires Associates degree
Professional License: Requires current Utah Registered Nurse license that is kept current
Experience: Prefer two years nursing experience but willing to train the right candidate
- May require considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100 pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations. See next page for more information regarding Physical Demands and Working Conditions.
- Must pass background check administered by the state of Utah
- Must have reliable transportation and provide proof of auto insurance
- Must maintain valid Driver License with acceptable motor vehicle record
- Requires excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates compassion towards patients and uphold appropriate staff-patient boundaries
- Requires CPR training
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $24.00 to $28.00 /hour
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Logan, UT 84321 (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- On the road
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Relocation Assistance Provided: