Dental Hygienist Job Opening
Timberlane Dental Group• Shelburne, Vermont
Our fast-growing, multi-specialty practice is looking for a Dental Hygienist for our Pediatric Team! Timberlane Dental Group is different from other dental offices in Vermont. We have a multi-specialty dental practice where we truly offer advanced, comprehensive dental care for all members of our community. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits including medical, vision, disability, life insurance plans, a generous retirement plan, HRA, Flex Spending Account, staff discount for dental treatment, wellness programs, and much more!
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Abilities sufficient for effective interaction with others in spoken and written English.
- Ability to read and understand technical and professional materials.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity, confidentiality and respect when speaking with patients, peers, faculty and staff.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and exposing radiographic surveys.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; scheduling next dental hygiene appointments.
- Documents dental hygiene services and medical and dental histories.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The position requires some physical exertion, including sitting, standing, walking, occasional light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling and reaching out.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time