Physical Therapist - 5k Sign On Bonus - Home Health - Tuscaloosa County Job Opening
Physical Therapist - 5k Sign On Bonus - Home Health - Tuscaloosa County
St. Vincent Home Health• Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Are you a Physical Therapist that enjoys engaging directly with patients in their most comfortable environment?
St. Vincent's Home Health is growing, and our patients in the Tuscaloosa County area are in immediate need of a qualified and dedicated Physical Therapist!
$5,000 Sign On Bonus Available!
We’re Proud to Offer outstanding pay, generous PTO, full benefits package, excellent training program, supportive leadership and room for professional growth.
A licensed professional who provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Plans, organizes, and conducts physical therapy treatment program based on the medical referral and their evaluation. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments to identify patient needs, determine level of functioning, including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points and appropriateness of patient for home health
- Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients’ needs and desires
- Prepares, and completes a Plan of Care in consultation with the physician and other care-team members. Documents on progress notes, phones orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis. Revises the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data
- Plans and provides appropriate treatment for neuromuscular, neurological, and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral and therapy assessment
- Assists/instructs patient/family in transfer techniques appropriate to patient abilities. Instructs on use of equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc., in a safe manner. Utilizes appropriate therapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and needs
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association approved program
- Current State License as an Physical Therapist
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
- Two years’ experience as a Physical Therapist in an acute care or rehabilitation setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment
Job Type: Full-time
- Home Health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement