Golden Boy Production/Hourly Job Opening
Golden Boy Production/Hourly
Golden Boy Foods Ltd• Troy, Alabama
- Before startup - checks all equipment and work areas to insure safety and sanitation conditions are correct and ready for use.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment for sanitation purposes.
- Set up and adjust filler, capper, induction sealer, and labeler.
- Based on line speed, adjusts equipment to fill containers to proper weight, and periodically checks containers for correct weight.
- Checks for proper seals, cap torque, and caps. Inspects labels for proper label type and position, and checks for code dates, etc.
- Perform all quality checks assigned to each position on the production line.
- Coordinates with other departments on the flow of packaging materials for proper delivery of materials such as jars, lids, containers, and labels etc.
- Maintains and properly rotates inventory for proper FIFO.
- Responsible for filling containers such as jars, tubs, boxes, drums, etc.
- Adjusts various packaging equipment to insure proper filling, capping, sealing, labeling and code dating.
- Maintains records and compiles reports as required for production and quality.
- Reads specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Assists with and performs changeovers and/or adjustments on machines within area of responsibility
- Serves as the backup operator for the jar sorter, filler, capper, labeler, and case packer.
- Read and interpret packaging specification, schedules, pallet configurations, code date formats, and all customer specifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.