Physical Therapist - Bear River, Logan Regional Hospitals Job Opening
Physical Therapist - Bear River, Logan Regional Hospitals
Intermountain Healthcare• Logan, Utah
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
This Physical Therapist (PT) will have the opportunity to work at both Bear River Hospital in Tremonton, Utah and Logan Regional Hospital in Logan, Utah. While working at Bear River Hospital, the PT will work in our multidisciplinary outpatient clinic seeing a variety of patients. While working at Logan Regional Hospital, the PT will primarily be in the inpatient/acute units. Budgeted 24 hours per week, additional hours will be available on an as-needed basis. This is a great opportunity for a therapist interested in providing care in various settings and passionate about helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Physical Therapists are responsible for screening, testing, evaluating, diagnosing and treatment of injuries, diseases, and disabilities using physical therapy procedures and modalities in accordance with standard physical therapy practices. The Physical Therapist consults, educates, and trains patients and their caregivers.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains current knowledge of standard physical therapy practices for various patient populations.
- Provides competent services including treatment. Performs subjective and objective evaluation according to diagnosis, past history, and physician referral while developing a plan of care with appropriate goals and objectives based on patient evaluation. Effectively maintains established department/service line productivity standards.
- Maintains appropriate documentation for each patient in a complete, thorough, and timely manner in accordance with regulatory, facility, and department requirements. May assist in preparing patient billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Appropriately communicates with patients, families, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff regarding patient's needs, abilities, and goals. Ensures smooth facility and department operations. Effectively utilizes rehabilitation services with optimum patient care and response.
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care and education for assigned patients including supervision of all services provided by physical therapy assistants, aides, office staff, and students; ensures consistent high-quality patient care.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities in accordance with established guidelines. Seeks opportunities for new and continual learning. Promotes and provides for continuing education for staff.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process which may include maintaining and operating physical therapy equipment safely and in accordance with established indications, facility and manufacturer procedure for operations. Responsible for outcome input. Responsible to continually improve clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. May assist in utilization review audits.
- May assist manager with department operational oversight (e.g., schedules, mentoring, supplies, equipment, department budgets).
- Actively participates in program development and marketing strategies to enhance the physical therapy programs referral base and development of department goals.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 24 hours per week, variable schedule though primarily hours-worked will fall Monday-Friday
- Department: Physical Therapy
- Current state Physical Therapist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, and Walking.
- Clinical experience in an outpatient orthopedic setting.
- Clinical experience in an inpatient/acute setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Location: US-UT-Logan, US-UT-Tremonton
Activation Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019
Expiration Date: Friday, June 21, 2019