Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care Job Opening
Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care
Kindred Hospice• Independence, Ohio
Category: Nurse Practitioner
Kindred Hospice, part of the Kindred at Home/CURO Health Services family of hospice care providers, focuses on clinical excellence with compassion and dignity. Our company culture centers around humility, servant leadership, empathy, and innovation while we serve as a leader in the hospice care industry. Our people and our patient care allow us make a difference when life matters most. We are very passionate about what we do because our care matters.
We’re looking for a Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care to join our team.
You will report directly to the Director of Palliative Care. You will work in collaboration with the Palliative Care Medical Director and other palliative team members to deliver palliative care by providing diagnosis, treatment and follow-up for patients referred to palliative care.
- Assesses physical and psychosocial status of assigned patients as outlined by Nursing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepares and Provides accurate documentation of the visit in a timely manner
- Provides medical care as needed and with the scope of practice of the Nurse Practitioner.
- Actively participates in the coordination of the patient’s palliative care.
- Participates in evening/weekend call as required, conducting on-call services in a clinically competent and responsive manner.
- Minimum of Masters of Science in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing, or an equivalent as allowed under state law
- Minimum of two years Nurse Practitioner experience
- Current license as a registered nurse or equivalent as required by state law for Nurse Practitioner licensure
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification/license
- Must have a collaborative agreement in place with a supervising physician agreeable to supervise work in palliative care program or must agree to enter a collaborative agreement with Palliative Medical Director, as required by state law
- Part B Provider certification
- Federal DEA license
- State DEA license (if required)
- ACHPN – Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care Preferred
- Nurse Practitioner specialty in Family or Adult Medicine preferred
- Practice experience with Part B billing is preferred
- Able to work autonomously in an Advanced Practice Role
- Working knowledge or understanding of: principles of Palliative Medicine, including when a patient may be appropriate for home health or hospice care; Medicare/Medicaid regulations; and interdisciplinary process.
- Current automobile insurance and valid driver’s license
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, 401k Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO
- Opportunity to Participate In a Fleet Program
- Competitive Salaries
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- This is a safety-sensitive position
- Employee must meet minimum requirements to be eligible for benefits
- Where applicable, employee must meet state specific requirements
- We are proud to be an EEO employer
- We maintain a drug-free workplace