PRN Occupational Therapist - Acute Care, Logan Regional Hospital Job Opening
PRN Occupational Therapist - Acute Care, Logan Regional Hospital
Intermountain Healthcare• Logan, Utah
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here.
The Occupational Therapist provides direct patient services that may include identifying, evaluating, diagnosing, and treating. This position also provides indirect services including consulting, advising, teaching, and training patients and their caregivers.
As part of the Acute Care team, this Occupational Therapist will provide care throughout Logan Regional Hospital. This may include working in surgical, medical, intensive care, transitional care, emergency, among other units.
Essential Job Duties
- Assesses and evaluates a patient's condition according to the physician order and current standards of practice. Provides appropriate intervention including treatment related to the established plan of care with appropriate duration and intensity. Educates and trains patients and their caregivers.
- Accepts assignments from Director or Team Lead including case load, productivity standard, education and in-servicing others, orienting and training new employees, supervising and training students, and supervising COTAs and Aides.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process for the team and the clinical setting and then follows through with the improvements.
- Communicates through written chart notes, evaluations, progress reports, and discharge summaries regarding patient's status, any complications, prognosis, and plans for follow-up care.
- Records daily charges and submits for payment according to department billing guidelines.
- Participates in regularly scheduled or special clinical meetings related to patient care and clinic management.
- Maintains appropriate team and interdisciplinary relationships.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN or as-needed
- Department: Inpatient Occupational Therapy
- Degree in Occupational Therapy. Education must be obtained from an accredited program. Degree will be verified.
- Current license in the State of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Certified Occupational Therapist through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Clinical or fieldwork experience in an inpatient setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2019