Occupational Therapist Job Opening
Department of Social and Health Services• Lakewood, Washington
Apply Now | We're Hiring Today
We have exciting opportunities for Occupational Therapists to join our team at Western State Hospital. This is an ideal opportunity for OTs to expand their experience providing occupational therapy and active treatment services to a diverse population of patients with complex needs. You'll thrive and work to create new approaches for treatment.
Full-time and part-time opportunities available.
Enjoy a variety of perks and look forward to each day on the job
- We're not for profit and not driven by production, allowing our Occupational Therapists the ability to focus on developing approaches to treatment and emphasize in-patient care.
- Clinical autonomy and encouragement from leadership inspires our OTs to be creative and innovative, developing course content and intervention strategies.
- Experience diversity in therapeutic areas where you can excel including physical function evaluation and treatment, cognitive evaluation, rehabilitation screens, and psychosocial facilitation.
- Team collaboration amongst OT's and a variety of medical professionals support an environment of continuous growth and professional development.
- Rapport and treatment built by our OT's for patients is long term, impactful and meaningful.
- You'll quickly appreciate the sense of community and the interaction with staff and patients.
- Retirement and benefits are ideal. Start a long term career that supports a healthy work-life balance!
Some of what you'll do
- Assess and provide treatment to patients in groups and/or 1:1's as needed in a recovery center and/or ward
- Collaborate with patients and an interdisciplinary team to discuss treatment goals and implementation
- Develop, plan, and prepare comprehensive active treatment groups and individual treatment strategies for patient caseload using OT evidence-based practice.
- Document patient progress on a weekly and monthly basis
- Update treatment plans in a timely manner
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistant(s), intern(s), and/or student(s)
Who should apply?
Graduates from a nationally accredited and board-approved school for OTs who have completed 6 months of supervised fieldwork experience for OTs, passed the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy's (NBCOT) exam, and are licensed by the Washington State Department of Health (or license eligible to practice as an OT).
Compensation Package Information
Outstanding Benefits customizable to best serve you and your family
Competitive base salary up to $68,580 annually, DOQ
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $45,096.00 to $68,580.00 /year
- supervised fieldwork OT: 1 year (Preferred)
- OT (Preferred)
- NBCOT (Preferred)