Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Job Opening
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Oxford Nursing & Rehab Center• Oxford, Alabama
Category: Physical Therapist
MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as directed by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Collects assessment data, as part of the evaluation process, as directed by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Under a physician’s order, provides direct treatment to patients/residents as directed by, and according to the plan of care outlined by, the supervising Physical Therapist where allowed by law.
- Documents patient/resident progress toward meeting established goals as stated in the treatment plan outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Provides training to patients, residents, caregivers and families according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Completes documentation of direct treatment provided within established time frames.
- Abides by applicable state law with regard to maintaining supervision log.
- Prepares treatment materials and assists with other clerical duties as directed by the Physical Therapist, Rehab Manager, or Administrator.
- Participates with the Physical Therapist in research projects, in-service training and public relations programs.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed the expectations of those utilizing or impacted by the department.
- Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, residents, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians, administrators, and co-workers.
- Ensures the rights of residents are respected.
- Associates Degree from an APTA accredited program
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in states that regulate the Physical Therapy Assistant, two years clinical experience preferred.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize independent and effective clinical judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Utilizes effective time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and analytical skills.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.