Home Care Aide I - Seasonal (Prescott & Chino Valley) Job Opening
Home Care Aide I - Seasonal (Prescott & Chino Valley)
Yavapai County Human Resources• Chino Valley, Arizona
1040 hours per fiscal year.
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Coordinator provides homemaking and personal care services of moderate difficulty to clients admitted to service.
Delivers consistent personal care to patients in the client's home by following the client's care plans that are developed by the Nurse Coordinator. Ensures safe delivery of care by applying knowledge of safety precautions, infection control, occupational hazards, and proper body mechanics to each client situation. (90%)
Keeps up-to-date with program changes through training, meetings, and written/electronic communication. Improves knowledge of home care by attending in-service every year: 4 hours per year for Attendant Care; 6 hours per year for Yavapai County Personal Care Services. (5%)
Performs other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills with professional attitude while maintaining client confidentiality.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers within the Department.
- Provides timely, accurate, professional and confidential services, and processes required paperwork in the prescribed time frame.
- Complies with County and YCCHS policies and procedures and exercises good judgment in making decisions according to established guidelines and regulations.
- Demonstrates judgment in knowing when to notify the Nurse Coordinator about changes in the client's condition or needs as well as seeking feedback from Coordinator when indicated.
- Obtains valid fingerprint clearance card.
- Available to respond to emergencies and disasters as requested.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
No specific amount of formal education is required.
Work occasionally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate co-workers generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information that may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (citizens or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing normal assistance to provide information.
CPR, First Aid certification and Food Handlers Card required. Maintain valid Arizona driver's license and personal automobile insurance with access to reliable transportation.
Yavapai County Government offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to
Full-Time employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes but is not limited to:
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Retirement Plans
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Dependent Health Care Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Part-Time, Temporary and Seasonal employees accrue Sick Leave based on hours worked.
- Part-Time employees have limited benefits available.
- Temporary and Seasonal employees are not eligible to accrue Annual Leave.
http://www.yavapai.us/Portals/32/BenefitsSummary.pdf (Download PDF reader)