COTA - Full-Time Job Opening
COTA - Full-Time
Amedisys• Chester, South Carolina
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as an occupational therapy assistant specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits.
- More than one year (1+) of occupational therapy experience with adults, specifically geriatric patients
What You Will Do:
As an occupational therapy assistant for Amedisys, you have a unique opportunity to provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their preferred environment – at home. You will work in tandem with the occupational therapist, physician, patients, caregivers and a full team of professionals to implement a comprehensive and patient specific care plan. You will have the quality time with the home care patient to promote their health and facilitate their independence.
- Treat the patient through the use of therapeutic activities designed to restore function and self-care activities designed to improve function under the direction of the occupational therapist (OTR).
- Demonstrate and teach alternate techniques developed by the OTR to complete activities of daily living, proper transfers and positioning.
- Participate in instructing the patient, family and other health team personnel in the exercise program developed by the OTR for strengthening and controlling the patient’s upper extremities.
- Assist the OTR in ordering and/or fabricating adaptive/assistive devices and equipment
- Observe, record and report the patient’s response to treatment and any changes in the patients’ condition to the OTR and/or Clinical Manager using required progress notes, documentation and established timelines
- Actively participate in patient team/case conferences to ensure coordination of patient care
Job Type: Full-time
- COTA: 1 year (Required)
- COTA (Required)