PRN LPN Staff Nurse Job Opening
PRN LPN Staff Nurse
QCHC Inc• Wetumpka, Alabama
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Site Administrator/Coordinator the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides nursing services to patients within a correctional environment. The LPN delivers nursing care as directed by the Physician within the scope of the State Board of Nursing Practice for the LPN.
- Take and document vital signs
- Assist with all activities of daily living as required of an inmate in a medical clinic bed including turning & repositioning if infirmary beds provided at the site.
- Assess and report changes in patient's condition.
- Obtain patient history
- Assist with examinations and/or treatments and document correctly.
- Implement triage/sick-call procedures designed for the facility
- Administer medications in accordance with nursing standards and correctional regulations
- Accurately document all patient information, nursing assessments and interventions
- Read and comply with new standards, correctional regulations and /or QCHC directives
- Actively participate in the inmate health education program
- Complete all assignments within the prescribed time frame
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment in the workplace including patient rooms
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all required technical skills appropriately and safely
- Demonstrate understanding of the health care mission of the unit and the place of his/her assignment in the completion of the mission
- Provide assistance to co-workers as needed to assure that the shared mission of the unit is optimally fulfilled
- Assist in orientation of new staff members as requested
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement activities
- Attend ALL mandatory meetings and 80% of non-mandatory meetings a year
- Utilize appropriate/effective verbal and written communication
- Comply with QCHC attendance policy as identified in the Employee Handbook
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Successful completion of an Accredited Vocational/Technical School
Current and valid LPN or LVN license
Minimum of one year of clinical experience in a health care setting as as LPN. One year experience in a correctional health care setting is preferred.