Telemetry Technician/EKG Technician Job Opening
Telemetry Technician/EKG Technician
Select Specialty Hospital• Knoxville, Tennessee
Telemetry Tech/EKG Technician
MUST HAVE experience with EKG and Telemetry
Select Specialty care for patients who are critically ill and need extended acute hospitalization for their recovery. We offer an exceptional employee experience, an environment dedicated to safety and quality, ongoing educational and skill-building resources and advancement opportunities. Part of your role being a Telemetry Technician, you will assume responsibility for continuously watching and ensuring appropriate and timely responses to alarms. Verifying correct identification of basic rhythms, lethal rhythms, and artifact; maintain EKG monitor alarms and responds to all alarms as needed.
Other responsibilities of the Telemetry Technician position include:
- Continuously observes all monitors assigned and responds to alarms promptly and appropriately
- Completes EKG interpretations including rate, regularity, PRI, QRS, QTI, QTc, ST segment, waveform alterations, and rhythm interpretation
- Ensures strip interpretations are validated by RN.
- Displaying a “customer service” oriented attitude
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Develop specialized skills to manage chronically critically ill patients.
- Utilize all of your skills on a daily basis.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, nursing assistants, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and physicians to assist patients to regain their independence.
- Develop relationships with patients and their families.
Our hospital's small team environment allows us to keep our focus where it belongs- on each patient.
We are committed to your growth and success- that’s why we offer an excellent orientation, training and development programs, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Excellent Orientation Program, Paid Time Off (PTO), Extended Illness Days (EID), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Prescription Coverage, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Personal and Family Medical Leave, discounted membership to 9,500 gyms nationwide
Apply now with an organization that wants to invest in you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Telemetry: 1 year (Required)
- EKG: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs